SHEQ Manager (HRL 17/S7)
SHEQ Manager (HRL 17/S7)
LOCATION: Tugela Mill
Responsible to maintain and comply with all aspects pertaining to the mill's Safety, Health, Environment and Quality (SHEQ) integrated management systems.
REPORTS TO THE GENERAL MANAGER
- Review all risks mill-wide to determine high level risks and implement relevant and appropriate plans to eliminate/reduce/mitigate risks to the mill.
- Ensures the mill's emergency preparedness and response plans via simulations/drills.
- Ensures that the mill's emergency response team is adequately equipped with the skills, resources and training as required during an emergency.
- Ensures Mill REA in respect of Insurance Requirements
- Manages the mill's security, all access control and internal criminal investigations
- Liaise with Companies attorneys to ensure Mill legal status pertaining to SHEQ requirements
- Consults & negotiates with Government Organisations (Department of Labour) for permits to operate and also to achieve legal compliance
- Makes recommendations to Management when to take corrective actions to achieve legal compliance
- Participate in investigations with Dept of Labour, SAPS and other government organization
- Leading a functional team that is responsible for the total SHEQ function by coaching & mentoring.
- Co-ordinate the activities of the team to utilise the skills and experience of each team member to achieve targets within the Department.
- Set goals, objectives and standards of measurement for the SHEQ function.(SLA). Monitors and adjusts employee role and responsibility.
- Ensures the mill achieve its environmental obligations according to the licence and permit conditions
- Responsible for the integrated management systems (IMS) and FSC certifications
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Safety Management System Implementation (4)
- Risk Management Principles & Guidelines (4)
- Workplace Occupational Health (3)
- Environmental Management (3)
- Relevant Degree or National Diploma in Risk / Safety / Environmental Management
- 8 Years Post Graduate Experience in SHEQ
- Technically competent in Risk Assessment and Incident Investigation
- SAP Systems advantageous
Closing date for applications is 22 June 2018
011 407 8111
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful